Sunday, June 13, 2010

Everest Day 5


Hello, well here we are on day 5 of our trek. We hiked about 5 hours from Namche Bazzar to a "village" (can you call a monastary & 4 buildings a village?) called Tengboche. There we got to see a yak tussle and the second photo contains the yak I named "skunk yak"!

I had forgotten to mention that a little side quest of mine was that in order to help drive Sandy a little over the edge, I had been promising/threatening to sing showtunes all the way up the mountains. So in that spirit, each day I have been singing a different tune from a different show. Some old, some new - some appropriate for the events of the day, some just popped into my head.

Thus far in the trip I've done "We're off to see the wizard" as our day one, "Send in the Clowns" regarding our frustration of trying to get around a particularly slow tour group, "into the woods" as we entered the park itself, "Chitty chitty bang bang" as it just kind of went with my wheezing that day and day 5 was "I just Can't wait to be King" as a nod to my Disney pals and our ongoing teasing to our guide that we were waiting to see a snow leopard any time now. (if you're not familiar they are probably one of the most elusive creatures on the earth, and people who make finding them their career often spend weeks or months searching for a glimpse). As part of our joke on Sandy, when we entered brush, our guide Naresh would let out a pathetic meow, I'd yell "snow leopard" and point at a shrubbery (even though we were still at too low an elevation to see them). Sandy was not amused, but we thought we were pretty funny. Upon the line from the song, "working on my roar" - to my surprise Naresh let out his meow on cue!

Shorter video today, enjoy

Namaste


1 comment:

  1. Love these! Please keep posting. Pointing out Everest in the last video was a huge highlight for me. I'm still in awe that you did this. I know that following your travels will be the closest that I ever get to being there.

    ReplyDelete