Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Chittwan National Park



Hello all

I have just made it home at this point, but I still wanted to share some adventures of chittwan NP (our last stop on our tour) and then I'll start posting the Everest journey.

chittwan was very cool. Many of you know that I have a love of elephants and this park allows you to do elephant safaris and even an elephant bath!

We saw barking deer, spotted deer, wild pigs and chickens, rhinos and even a wild asparagus plant! We stayed on an island in the park itself and due to the 40 + degrees celcius, for the most part we were two of 4 people at the resort. A shout out to John from Scotland and Alex from Germany for being two of the most fun people to be stranded on a island with - we had a hoot!

I do have to say though that nothing topped the elephant bath, not sure who got the bath... but that's ok!


3 comments:

  1. Welcome home! Can't wait to hear about your adventures and see the pics. Jen-Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Such an amazing trip you had! Will you be back around LL this year, or are you going to take it easy for the rest of the summer? Either way, I'd love to hear about your adventures and see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks guys

    Hester, remind me next time I'm in - I've got a bunch of pics on my phone!

    ReplyDelete