Thursday, May 13, 2010

We're back...

Hello all

We've returned from everest and are happy to say we're still in one piece!

Turns out Sandy and I are quite fast and we did the trek in less time than expected so we're back in Katmandu a couple of days early. We had a great time, although it was unseasonably cold (we were in snow for over a week) maybe that was what kept us moving...

As I know many of you were really interested in this leg of the journey aNd i couldn't access interent, i did something different... As i head home a week today, what I did was record video updates each day of the trek, so you can live it along with me. i'll start uploading those when i get home. So what i'll do is continue with my regular updates as they happen, and then when i get home you can enjoy the Everest section of the trip. Sound good?

I'll just warn you - 3 weeks, 2 showers.... need I say more? It ain't pretty, but what an adventure.

So for the next few days I'll be in katmandu, if anyone has heard about the riots that took place, don't worry they're not near the tourist areas.

Until later

Namaste

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good hike.
    Hope it is warmer in katmandu!!
    Hudson is looking forward to taking you on a walk!
    See you soon!
    XxOo

    ph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see you when you get back.

    WLP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Video updates!

    ReplyDelete