Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Who, What, Where, When, Why & How

Hey all, thought I should pass along some of the logistics of trip.

Who - me! Also meeting up with my buddy Sandy (many of you know from travels in Africa & South-east Asia) for the majority of the trip. For those of you who don't know him, it tends to "up" the entertainment value for all when we travel together. Sadly, my husband Paul is unable to escape his current work contract, so he and our dog Hudson will be cheering us on from Toronto.

What - travelling around India and Nepal. Most of the time in Nepal will be spent attempting the trek to Everest Base Camp. This will be Sandy's 4th attempt, let's see if I can do it the first time and show him up! (no.... we're not competitive at all....)

Where - planned stops in India are: fly into Delhi, a week at an ashram in Rishikesh at the base of the Himalayas where I'll be studying yoga & meditation, return to Delhi, Pushkar, Jaipur, Rathamborne National Park, Agra (Taj Mahal), Orccha, Varanasi, Mumbai & Goa
Stops in Nepal: Katmandu, trip up & hopefully down Mt. Everest, & Chittwan National Park.

When - I leave Wed. March 24, which means I get to Delhi the night of March 25. I return home the morning of Friday May 21 just in time for the May 24 weekend!

Why - Why not? After all - it's there...

How - you'll have to keep reading to find out; as I really have no idea...