Sunday, April 18, 2010

kicking tan

Hello all

Here I am again in sunny Goa. What Sandy and I have discovered on this part of the adventure is that there really isn't as much to do here as we originally thought. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining - I'm on a beautiful beach, with warm weather and water. We've discovered many restaurants and have a few favs that we've been frequenting, I even have a favourite waiter... (he's just always smiling, and sits down with you to take your order- it's cute). We just seem to be falling into a regular routine: get up, breakfast, walk, swim (and by swim I mean play in the waves), shower, lunch , read on porch, swim, shower, dinner - repeat.

So I know the question most of you have... how is Glassford dealing without a/c? Well after day 3, he decided he needed the a/c so off we went that am to find better digs. Turns out, there are only a few places with a/c and all of them were twice the price and a bigger dive then where we're staying; so we're staying put. He's referring to our temporary home as "one step up from a slum" but I really don't think it's that bad - it's less than $10 a night! I'll post photos later this week. You can judge for yourselves!

The other morning I had quite the surprise. I had got up early and headed for the main street leaving Sandy lounging at our hut; I had bought a danish for breakfast and was walking along the street with it when I noticed a figure following me. I quickened my pace, so did he. The follower got closer and closer until he brushed into my arm. At that point I turned to face him and said in a forceful tone "get your own breakfast cow!". That seemed to do the trick as he left me and my danish alone. Poor cow, pushy cow! : ) Still cute though.

Got to love those cows!

Namaste

1 comment:

  1. what is it with you and cows?
    Will you ever be able to eat a burger again?

    Ph

    ReplyDelete