Thursday, April 15, 2010

sunny sunny Goa

Hello all

After much running around at breakneck speed, Sandy and I have made our way to Goa. Beaches, beaches and more beaches... We figured that by this point we'd need a bit of down time, and by me falling asleep in a chair earlier today - I'd say we were right!

From the airport we had a crazy taxi ride down to our beach of choice. Here we've found a little shack on the beach (which will be torn down next month in preparation for the monsoons) for less than $10 a night. Mosiquito netting, a fan, a porch and our own bathroom with cold and cold running water. I'm ok here, we'll see how long Sandy lasts without the a/c .

We've met up with a couple of my friends from the ashram and went for dinner last night. It's a quiet sleepy town here and I'm not sure if we'll be going a bit nuts near the end of the week, but for now it's all good.

Only appointment for today is to hit the 4 o'clock waves. As that's when they start getting big and you can just spend a couple of hours riding them into shore. Hudson would love it!

It's much more of a laid back atmosphere here, which I'm enjoying. So this week's entries may not be the most interesting, but I'm just operating at a bit of a slower pace.

Did have another giggle this morning at breakfast. Now as the owner of a Golden retriever I'm quite used to having company watching me eat. We'll even go as far to say "being stared at" while I'm eating. Well this morning I was having my toast, getting that exact same feeling that I was being watched. I turned around to discover a young calf had entered the restaurant and was behind me eyeing my toast, before getting chased off by the waiter. Ya gotta love the cows!

Hope everyone is well and the spring weather is upon you

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment