Saturday, April 3, 2010

almost kind of...

good morning all, and happy Easter.

It was 8 years ago this weekend when Paul proposed to me - what a sweetie eh?

Some have been interested in the schedule at the ashram:
5:30 wake up
6 meditation
6:30 chanting (which I never really got)
7 yoga
9 breakfast
9:30 clean up
10:30 meditative walk
12:30 lunch
4 discussion
5 yoga
7 sunset ritual,singing and dinner
8:30 meditation
nighty-night!

Well I've wrapped things up at the ashram and am headed back to Delhi. As a final hurrah, we had caught word that the Dalai Lama was going to be speaking in a nearby town. As there has coincidently been a major hindu festival nearby, taxi's haven't really felt like working and it's been tough to get to civilization. So we decided to walk and listen to his talk before I headed to the train station. So up we got at 4am I packed up my stuff and off we went. I would like to take a moment to thank Jeremy of New Liskard ON for taking my pack as "good exercise" as we walked over 10k (3.5 hours of hills) to discover that he's actually coming tomorrow.... well, we tried...

Just got word that Sandy is coming in tonight, so I better get finding a cab

Namaste

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lesley - Namaste! Glad to read that things are going well for you - can't wait to try a new drink I've been thinking of called the "Drunken Monkey". Paul introduced me to Sandy the other night, so it was nice to meet him before he joins you. Paul and Hudson seem to be doing well, and we're having terrific weather here over the Easter weekend (23C on Friday) so everyone's in good moods. :) Good luck with the Himalayan leg of your trip. Keith, Jocelyn and Owen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Keith
    Glad to know someone is keeping an eye out for my boys. Having a good (but busy ) time here. I think of you guys everyday when I do my journal. And the good news is, I haven't needed to use the pea candle yet!!!!

    Lesley

    ReplyDelete